2 bunches green onions
8 ounces chicken, pork, or beef
1 small head cabbage, sliced thin
2 carrots, shredded
1 ¾ cup water
2 packages ramen noodles
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing
- Spray frying pan with vegetable spray or use a nonstick pan. Slice green onion and stir fry with oil. Remove onions from pan and set aside.
- Slice chicken, beef, or pork in thin slices. Stir fry until done. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Stir fry cabbage and carrots until cabbage wilts, about four minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add water to pan and bring to a boil. Break up ramen noodles and add to boiling water. Add one flavor packet and discard the other.
- Cook noodles until soft, about three minutes. Add green onions, cooked meat, and cabbage mixture to the pan and heat through.
- Serve hot.
Servings:Makes 6 servings
Nutrition information per serving: calories, 187; carbohydrate, 28 g; protein, 11 g; total fat 4 g; saturated fat, 1 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 32 mg; fiber, 5 g; total sugars, 6 g; sodium, 168 mg; calcium, 59 mg; folate, 55 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 19%.