1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
2 teaspoons melted margarine
2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of ground cloves
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Halve and seed acorn squash.
- Place squash cut side up on a thick paper towel in microwave. Microwave on HIGH 6 to 7 minutes, rotating squash halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from the microwave and place in microwave-safe dish.
- In a small bowl, combine apples, margarine, sugar, and spices. Top squash pieces with apple mixture and cover with a paper towel.
- Microwave on HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until squash and apple are tender.
Servings:Makes 4 servings, ¼ of fillied squash each.
calories, 94; carbohydrate, 20 g; protein, 1 g; total fat, 2 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; fiber, 3 g; total sugars, 9 g; sodium, 21 mg; calcium, 41 mg; folate, 21 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent of calories from fat, 19%.