1 tablespoon reduced-fat smooth peanut butter
1 tablespoon granola cereal
1 medium banana, peeled
1 teaspoon honey*
- Wash hands with warm water and soap.
- Put the tortilla on a plate and spread peanut butter evenly on the tortilla
- Sprinkle the granola on the peanut butter
- Place the banana on the tortilla
- Roll the tortilla up
- Drizzle the honey on top (or put honey on the inside if child will use hands to eat).
*Honey should not be fed to infants less than one year of age
calories, 360; carbohydrate, 65 g; protein, 10 g; total fat, 10 g; saturated fat, 2.5 g; trans fat, 0 g; cholesterol, 0 mg; dietary fiber, 7 g; total sugars, 23 g; sodium, 400 mg; calcium, 9 mg; folate, 36 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent of calories from fat, 25%
Recipe adapted from the Cool Fuel Cookbook for Kids and Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH).