1 cup chopped onions
1 russet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
4 cups chopped cabbage
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and warm water. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook the onion until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cabbage, and caraway seeds and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 1 hour.
- Serve with a piece of crusty rye bread.
Servings:Makes 4 servings
calories, 107; carbohydrate, 20 g; protein, 5 g; total fat, 1 g; saturated fat, 0 g; trans fat, 0 g; fiber, 4 g; total sugars, 5 g; sodium, 239 mg; calcium, 57 mg; folate, 57 mcg; iron, 1 mg; percent calories from fat, 8%.