1 pound lean ground beef
1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
½ cup salsa
1 can (16 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Peel outer layer of onion off and chop.
- In a large pot, brown beef with chopped onions on medium heat. Add tomatoes and chop tomatoes with spoon breaking into small pieces.
- Add seasonings and salsa to beef mixture. Stir in drained, rinsed beans.
- Cook until hot and serve immediately.
Servings:10 servings, 1 cup each
calories, 173 carbohydrate, 22g; protein, 15g; total fat, 2g; saturated fat, 1g; trans fat, 0; cholesterol, 24mg; fiber, 7g; total sugars, 4g; sodium, 286mg; calcium, 40mg; folate, 33mcg; iron, 2mg; percent calories from fat, 12%.
Recipe adapted from Sparkpeople.com