2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons finely diced jalapeno, seeds and pith removed
1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, unsalted
1 bunch red radishes (about 6 ounces)
2 stalks celery finely sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 green onions finely sliced, (green and white parts)
½ cup shredded part skim mozzarella chees
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh fruits and vegetables before preparing.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, sugar, coriander, salt, pepper, garlic and jalapeno in a medium size-mixing bowl.
- Pour chickpeas into a colander. Rinse with water and let drain. Add to olive oil mixture.
- Cut the leafy tops off the radishes and discard. Slice radishes in half and thinly slice into half rounds. Add to olive oil mixture.
- Add celery, tomatoes, green onions and shredded mozzarella. Toss well.
Servings:Makes 4 servings, 1 ¼ cup
Calories, 150; Carbohydrate, 19 gm; Protein, 8 gm; Total Fat, 5 gm; Saturated Fat, 1.5 gm; Trans Fat, 0 gm; Cholesterol, 5 mg; Fiber, 5 gm; Total Sugars, 8 gm; Sodium, 220 mg; Calcium, 119 mg; Folate, 96 mcg; Iron, 2 mg; Calories from Fat, 30%.