1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/8 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Pat kale completely dry with a paper towel. Trim away thick stems and discard. Cut kale into 2 inch pieces.
- Drizzle olive oil over kale in mixing bowl and gently massage the oil evenly over each piece.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning, paprika and salt over kale and toss to combine.
- Evenly space kale pieces on microwave safe plate without overlapping leaves. You will have to cook it in batches. Cook on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then flip the kale over and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Cooking time will vary depending on microwave. Kale should be crispy but not grayish green in color.
Servings:Makes 4 servings
Calories, 57; Total Fat, 2 gm; Saturated Fat, <0.5 gm; Trans Fat, 0 mg; Cholesterol, 0 mg; Sodium, 170 mg; Carbohydrates, 7 gm; Fiber, 2 gm; Sugar, 0 gm; Protein, 4 gm; Calcium, 126 mg; Folate, 26 mg; Iron, 1 mg; Calories from Fat 26%